Since 2013, I have taken on occasional consulting contracts for a small number of New Zealand and international charities and companies. I charge $90 per hour standard, but discount that by up to $50 per hour for charitable clients.
Services I have provided include:
- strategic planning support and advice and business planning
- designing communications and campaign strategies
- helping to resolve management and staffing issues
- climate policy analysis and communications
- campaign and team coordination
- drafting legal opinions, policy analyses and other reports
I particularly enjoy using my experience with P3 Foundation to help charities in adjust to the post-recession economic climate by injecting elements of social enterprise into their business models.
Because of the nature of my work at the Community Law Centre, I cannot serve as your lawyer. If you have other counsel instructed, however, I am able to assist as a junior or provide drafting assistance.
In 2014, a Queen’s Counsel reviewed and adopted an opinion I drafted for a client, describing it as “carefully and competently considered and expressed“.
If you wish to engage my consultancy services, please do contact me. Naturally, all such work and correspondence is confidential.